The Florence Area Chamber of Commerce has partnered with the Lane Community College to provide an amazing Online Course for Successful Self-Employment.
Learn at your own speed to plan and start a new business, or grow an existing business. The course provides an overview of entrepreneurship and the basics of starting a business. It covers all of the key elements:
• What is an entrepreneur? • What need is your business going to fill?
• What are some of the legal issues you’ll face?
• Who is your target market, and how will you reach them?
• How do you forecast sales and expenses?
• What type of financing is right for your business?
• How do you build a team?
• How to get visitors to your website, and keep them coming back?
• What are the tax implications for your business?
• How do you use your business plan to manage your business?
• LivePlan online software: walks you through the entire business planning process.
• The Plan-As-You-Go Business Plan, by Tim Berry, Entrepreneur Press
• 3 Weeks to Startup, by Tim Berry and Sabrina Parsons, Entrepreneur Press
• The Art of the Start, by Guy Kawasaki, Portfolio Press
• 12 modules with video, PowerPoint, textbooks, and personal advising.
Additional Features offered only through the Small Business Development Program:
• 1:1 Advising and guidance throughout the course: on site, video, email, phone
• Student only website with additional materials.
• Individual help with business planning and projects.
James Burke, instructor/advisor, burkej [at] lanecc [dot] edu 541.942.7941
LCC Small Business Development Center, lccbizcenter [at] lanecc [dot] edu 541.463.5255
Cost for 2012: A $750 Retail Value.
$89.00 for Chamber Members $129.00 Non-Members
For an course application, click on the download below.